Latvia’s newest national park (2007) is in the “land of the blue lakes” – the region of Latgale. One of the goals of establishing a national park was to preserve the natural treasures of the region. Lake Rāzna, which is the second largest in Latvia, is there, as is Lake Ežezers, which has more island than any other lake in Latvia. There are other bodies of water, as well as typical landscapes of hillocks and a unique cultural environment. One of the most popular destinations in the park is Mākoņkalns Hill, which offers a lovely view of Lake Rāzna. Administrators of the newly established park are working on the tourist infrastructure – trails, routes, etc.
About the Heritage Site
- Country: Latvia
- Location: Eastern part of Latvia (Latgale Region), about 10km from City Rēzekne
- Type of location: National Park
- Experience offered: Typical landscapes of lakes and hillocks and a unique cultural environment. One of the most popular destinations in the park is Mākoņkalns Hill, which offers a lovely view of Lake Rāzna.
- Services: Guide service, information boards, information point
- Website: http://razna.dau.lv
- Postal adress: Rēzekne district, Lipušķi
- Phone: +371 64605860
- e-mail: email@example.com
Accessibility of Heritage Site
- The Park is available for tourist traffic all the year.
- Free of charge.
- By car: Use the E22 from Riga to Rēzekne and take off towards Dagda (P55).
Size/capacities of Heritage Site
- hiking, cycling, boating, fishing etc.
- watching towers
- horseback riding and driving in a cart or coach
- Latgalian potteries and master classes at the potters
- Ethnographic Museum in Andrupene village - member of the Latgale Gastronomic Heritage Network
- etc. see www.celotajs.lv/e/raznasnacparks
Number of visitors in Heritage Site
- approximately 60,000 visitors a year
Visitor's structure, behaviour, satisfaction
- Are the visitors on holiday or visiting from their home?
- If on holiday:
- What kind of holiday?
- Holiday accommodation?
- Holiday means of transportation?
- Holiday alone/accompanied by ...?
- First time visitors to Holiday Site?
- How did the visitors become aware of Heritage Site?
- How did the visitors get to the Heritage Site?
- How much time did the visitors spend in Heritage Site?
- Satisfaction with different aspects of Heritage Site
- Tourism development plan for Rāzna National Park and a summary(both in latvian)