The earlier history of the manor begins with 16th century. In the end of 17th century there was also an orchard created in addition to the mansion and other manor buildings. By the 19th century the number of peasants had risen up to two hundred. The facade of the mansion and the lawn is framed by two rows of imposing rubble stone buildings. Good to know: It is most likely that the stable and carriage shed were built first. The manor had its own wind mill, lime furnace and brickfield. Today the mansion is occupied by luxurious SPA hotel.
About the Heritage Site
- Country: West Estonia, Muhu island
- Location: Pädaste village, Muhu island
- Type of location: 16th century Manor
- Experience offered:
- The centuries-old Pädaste Manor on the island of Muhu is the only five-star hotel outside Tallinn in Estonia. The fully renovated manor complex has been turned into a luxury hotel and a spa complex. Pädaste offers 24 differently decorated rooms for its guests: starting with cosy rooms in the coach house (Tõllakuur) and ending with stately rooms in the manor house.
- Although doing nothing in Pädaste is an agreeable and long-awaited leisure to many, there are choices for those interested in some activity. On your request, we’ll organise a cycling trip along the coast, a boat trip in the sunset or a picnic on the Island of Love (Armastuse saar).
- Pädaste Mõis, Pädaste küla, Muhu vald, Estonia
- phone: +372 454 8800 fax: +372 454 8811
- e-mail: email@example.com
Accessibility of Heritage Site
- Opening times: Is open advance bookings only
- School student € 3.20
- University student: € 3.20
- Pensioner € 3.20
- Child: € 3.20
- Adult: € 3.20
- Exact price to be clarified by service provider.
- By car: From Kuressaare take the 10th road to Muhu island, cross the bridge and follow the road to Pädaste village.
- By boat: From Virtsu port, for further information see Tuule Laevad
- By plane: 30 minute flight from Tallinn to Kuressaare
Size/capacities of Heritage Site
- Manor accommodation, Recreation room, Car park (not guarded), Car park (guarded), Access for disabled people, Relaxation centre/spa, Sauna complex, Restaurant.
Number of visitors in Heritage Site
Visitor's structure, behaviour, satisfaction
- Are the visitors on holiday or visiting from their home?
- If on holiday:
- What kind of holiday?
- Holiday accommodation?
- Holiday means of transportation?
- Holiday alone/accompanied by ...?
- First time visitors to Holiday Site?
- How did the visitors become aware of Heritage Site?
- How did the visitors get to the Heritage Site?
- How much time did the visitors spend in Heritage Site?
- Satisfaction with different aspects of Heritage Site