The church of Kihelkonna was built in the second half of 13th century. The initial church was without tower, that was added to the church in the end of 19th century. Most impressive are the high domical hewn arcs with relief keystones. South of the church you will see the distinct bell tower - campanile.
- Interesting to know:
The tower of Kihelkonna church was initially used also as lighthouse. The altar wall and pulpit are the oldest in Estonia. The campanile of the church is the only such kind of building in the whole Estonia.
File:Kihelkonna Mihkli kirik 2009.jpg
About the Heritage Site
- Country: Estonia
- Location: Saare County, on the western part of Saaremaa Island, Estonia
- Type of location: Church
- Experience offered:
- Camping area, information boards
- St. Michael's Church (Kihelkonna Church), Kiriku tn 4,
- Kihelkonna alevik, Kihelkonna vald, Saare maakond 93401, Estonia
- phone:(+372) 454 6558
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessibility of Heritage Site
- Open every day: 10:00 - 17:00
- Free of charge
- By car:
- By boat:
- By plane:
- Access for disabled people
- For further information see here.
Size/capacities of Heritage Site
Number of visitors in Heritage Site
Visitor's structure, behaviour, satisfaction
- Are the visitors on holiday or visiting from their home?
- If on holiday:
- What kind of holiday?
- Holiday accommodation?
- Holiday means of transportation?
- Holiday alone/accompanied by ...?
- First time visitors to Holiday Site?
- How did the visitors become aware of Heritage Site?
- How did the visitors get to the Heritage Site?
- How much time did the visitors spend in Heritage Site?
- Satisfaction with different aspects of Heritage Site
- Marketing efforts